Dutch Bank Account
We advise all students to have a Dutch bank account. This is particularly important if:
- you have been awarded a scholarship from Leiden University (so that we can transfer the scholarship funds to you).
- you are applying for a part-time job (in order to receive your salary).
- you are an EU student paying the EU tuition fee (home fee) in instalments.
You can open a student bank account at a local bank. Remember to take the following documents:
- your passport
- a rental contract with your address
- proof of your admission to Leiden University.
- Copies of the above mentioned documents
More information can be found here.
Some addresses of local banks:
ABN Amro, Bezuidenhoutseweg 67, The Hague, T 0900 - 00 24 0900 - 00 24 0900 - 00 240900 0024
Rabobank, Bezuidenhoutseweg 5, The Hague, T 070 371 88 88